Earthrise is a post-apocalyptic science-fiction MMORPG which is being developed by Masthead Studios and will be released digitally on February 4, 2011.
In the aftermath of the Third World War, mankind has managed to survive and build a new society: the prosperous city of Sal Vitas. Cloning, nanotechnology and quantum engineering are part of a new reality. Thanks to these technological advances, the human species has become immortal; each individual’s consciousness is stored in a data vault, ready to be uploaded into a cloned body as necessary. New energy sources have been discovered.
There is a unified government that takes good care of those citizens who abide by its strict laws. Paradise, it appears, might really have come to Earth, and the people have embraced it. But not everything is as perfect as it appears. By exercising full control over the cloning process, Sal Vitas' government decides who will live and who will not, playing the role of God on Earth. Insurgent forces have accused the city's rulers of crimes against humanity. Armed factions fight for resources and power within the new system. And from the waves of discontent, a rebellion has fomented and formed a shadow government: Noir.
Featuring a unique skill-based advancement system and player-driven economy, as well as extensive, meaningful player vs. player combat, Earthrise gives you innumerable choices to forge your destiny. Whether you're a noble soldier in the raging conflict between the Utopia and the rebellion, a criminal hiding from the law or a world-renowned engineer whose power extends into intricate trade and politics, your actions will echo throughout the game world.
- A unique post-apocalyptic setting where the cloned remnants of mankind battle to survive and rebuild
- Highly customizable characters with over 100 different skills, abilities, tactics, and no class restrictions
- Fast-paced action combat featuring dynamic targeting, customizable power armor, mechanized exoskeletons, and high-tech weapons
- Player versus Player (PvP) mechanics that let you fight for the established order, join the revolutionary underground, or carve your own path as an independent criminal
- Territorial conquest and defense that matters
- Character progression that keeps you advancing in your career even when you’re not logged in
- An advanced market-based economy with in-game supply and demand based on player activities
- Crafting mechanics that let you design and manufacture unique items from customizable blueprints and raw resources